Monday 28 April 2008

My Top Ten Thoughts When "Techmemed"

I find it funny to constantly read blog posts about people who are actively trying to get traffic to their blogs, wonder how they can get on to the Techmeme 100 list and/or become the next Louis Gray.

The few times I've been "Techmemed" or been in the coveted "pile on" conversation, my thoughts are less, "Yah, I"m getting blog traffic!" and more something like this...

1. Gee I wish I had more than 5 minutes to write my blog posts
2. I should consider doing grammar checks before hitting the button publish
3. I wish I could spell
4. I hope someone somewhere didn't say this exact thing somewhere else
5. I hope no one says anything mean
6. I hope I don't get mocked by someone I admire
7. I hope no one reads that 'other' post I wrote the other day which in retrospect was stupid and really poorly written
8. I wish I had called my blog something other than Leigh's Blitherings
9. I wish I had called my blog something other than Leigh's Blitherings
10. I wish I had called my blog something other than Leigh's Blitherings

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many people are traffic whores...they need to feed the addiction :)

bhc3 said...

Well, hopefully the post came across as one of discussing the dynamics of the blogging world, and less one of "how am I going to get on Techmeme today?"

And I like "blitherings"!

Hutch

Leigh said...

if nothing else, Blitherings is at least, accurate :)

louisgray said...

I get this, of course. It'd have been better to have a good name, instead of louisgray.com... but now it's too late!

Getting on TechMeme is usually a surprise. Sometimes, I can guess it'll happen, but it's a black art. :-)

Leigh said...

You can at least blame your mom for louisgray (.com aside of course).

:)

Anonymous said...

I wish I had called my blog something other than Hee Haw Marketing...

Trust me, I know. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It's the verbal equivalent of your skip-rope girl in its charm, warmth, and goofiness.

Leigh said...

She is charming (the skip roap girl of course) isn't she?

Leigh said...

Did i really just spell rope roap? Oy!

JUAI said...

That was fun to read. I know and can feel the pain, I am right there with you. LOL!

Leigh said...

Thanks Jasg! I bet you there are a bunch of us who feel this way....

 
Real Time Web Analytics