Thursday 1 February 2007

Things Are Going To Get Bigger

It occurs to me as I struggle to read a document in 12 point type that the whole notion that everything will continue to get smaller and smaller and that we are going to have our life on our cell phone is a crock. It’s propaganda of a young industry with 24 year olds shaping the technology future. Only problem?

I am going blind. Everyone I know is going blind. We have been staring at a screen for the past twenty years and regardless of what we might want, our bodies are going to tell us to take a flyer. A friend who works with the CNIB told me that the stats are staggering for the acceleration of blindness in adults over 40.

The 16 point font or larger generation
The blurry generation
Generation blind

It’s just a matter of time.

1 comments:

Mark Federman said...

As it happened for me, I re-entered academe about the same time I needed to start using reading glasses. The look suited the circumstance, fortunately for me.

It has nothing to do with staring at screens, and everything to do with the natural ageing process in which the focus mechanism of our eyeballs simply gets stiff and creaky - just like the rest of us! :)

 
Real Time Web Analytics